A mother's love story

Mother's love


Arif was coming home from Quetta to Turbat. Because he was there for higher education and loved his mother very much.


He was in Quetta for four years, and he was in Quetta when his mother passed away. He missed her a lot. The bus was half full. There were empty places too.


On the front, there was a boy and her mother. Her son was not listening to her while she was insisting he eats food. But still, she tried until she becomes sad. Meanwhile, Arif was watching.


Then he recalled the times when he was like this too. He did not care nor listened and here he was seeing the same. And it was at this moment that he knew how important a mother is.


Somebody at the front asked the mother. “Why are you sad”?


She replied.” Because my son is not eating food. He also did not eat at home.”.


“Now what will you do?” the man asked


“I do not know what to do to make him eat food,” she replied, sounding disappointed.


Then Arif thought over this a lot. Like if he does not eat, then why would have his mother done it? Of course, she would have told him to eat. They love their sons no matter what. Mothers never mind, no matter what their sons say. He remembered that when he got ill; it was his mother who brought him food and other necessary stuff. Even though she did not have money, she did sacrifice much for him. He remembered as well that his mother borrowed money from others for treating him.


Somebody asked beside him, “Are you dreaming?”


“Yeah, Dear. See there that mother is crying for her child. I remember those moments that is why I am crying too. My mom did the same thing for me,” he said.


“That is right. Mothers do everything for their children,” he said, assuring him.


Arif asked his friend about his mother.


“He said that his mother has done so many things that he cannot count. No matter what happens mothers love their children.”


“That is true. Mothers do this because they love their children. You are lucky that your mother is alive. Ask those whose mothers are not alive. You should respect and love her.” Arif said deeply.


“What moment of your life do you remember the most with your mother?” his friend asked.


“I remember when one day I was going to my School, and I fell on the road and become badly injured. There was blood on my feet and the school teachers called my mom. When she came. She became too anxious and sad. Mother took me to the doctor, and it was serious and they demanded fifteen thousand, which mother could not provide. Then she went to sell her jewelry for twenty-five thousand and the doctor started the treatment. The doctor said that she had to leave me there for two weeks and she should provide fruits and food. She insisted I eat when I did not, but she provided fruits to me. She was my great and honorable mother.” Arif finished.


By the time Arif finished talking. The bus reached its destination, which was Turbat. Arif departed with a goodbye, telling his friend to take care of his mother.


Dilshad Murad

     Turbat

Mother and child


Comments